Monday, April 4, 2011

Return of the mad blogger

I realized that my infrequency of writing here is not from a lack of topics to address. It's is from having too many topics. I kept trying to only write when I had some big special something to say. This is completely the wrong way to go about it. It isn't about some ground shaking truth. Or even some mildly amusing lie. It's about a bit of fun for me and if something useful comes out of it well then fine. All in all it is just pointless. It means nothing. If I'm being completely honest, only a couple of people even read this blog and I'm one of them. So, with that I now know that I can write whatever I want, whenever I want. Does this mean I'll be better at posting more often? Probably not. But maybe, really, you don't know I won't. In fact, I'll start right now with the first of my completely pointless posts. In 1765 a man named Antonio Butcelli Fellucci wrote one of the first science fiction novels. It told the story of an old Italian man named Giuseppe who believed that Heaven existed as a physical place just beyond the stars. A place that you could actually travel too while still living instead of waiting for God to take you there when He didn't have to worry about that silly body weighting you down. So Giuseppe built what was essentially a giant crossbow, the height of scientific achievement at the time, and shot himself into space. He has some sort of holy vision while floating high over the earth and then falls back to his death. It was all supposed to be some sort of allegorical nonsense about trying to know the ways of God being rightfully punished for doing so. But it was the first time anyone theorized weightlessness in space, as Giuseppe floats above the earth for nearly a third of the book. And that makes this book very important. The biggest problem with the book is that it doesn't exist. I just made it up. Until next time my Lumplings.

1 comment:

  1. Again with the no breaks between paragraphs. That pisses me off a little. No, alot.

    ReplyDelete