Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Hold These Truths...

I was reminded of something this morning while walking my dog. We were standing there in the yard, neither of us fully awake yet, and I was waiting on her while she was looking for just the right spot. That, my Tender Lumplings, is when two things became evident to me: yawns are contagious and everyone has to pee when they first get up in the morning. These two truths are part of what I call the Great Equalizers, a group of things that are true of everyone. Whether you are rich or poor, black, white, green, whatever, these few things bind us all together as animals on earth. From the Pope, to a supermodel, to your garbage man (waste re-location engineer), we all, everyone, eat, sleep, and make #1 and #2. If you don't do these things then you are either dead or about to be. Some other equalizers include the yawning thing, which crosses species, and the morning pee thing and a few others. The thing is, not that we all do these things, but what it means that we all do these things.


Without getting to graphic, think about this: everyone goes to the bathroom every day. Everyone. Whether it is you or some celebrity or politician or whoever, when you are sitting there you are just like everyone else and no one is any better than anyone else. And that is true. Some may try and argue about that but when you think about it, it is true. End of story. Every animal on the planet knows this. Krishna, Buddha, and Jesus, when they walked the surface of this spinning mud ball as real, living men, they had to do the same things we all do do. There are other common threads that bind us together of course. We all need oxygen and water, stuff like that, but if you are looking for the most basic, lowest common denominator, we know what it really is. Just like the bumper sticker says, "Shit Happens".

What I'm really getting at is this: when you get right down to it we are all the same. We may be different colors and speak different languages and believe different things but we are all the same. We have this one Earth to live on (for now) and we should stop all the bickering and complaining and just realize that. Quit trying to kill each other over stupid things. Unless everything goes pop in December, it is going to be 2013 in a few months. When I was a kid I could barely even imagine living in the 2000's. But when I did I didn't think we would still be such a petty, stupid species.

Until we meet again my Dearies...

No comments:

Post a Comment