Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mowing

I've said it before and I'll say it again: as long as there are teenagers in the world a gown man should never have to mow his own yard. Why else do people have kids anyway if not to provide them with cheap labor. And if you don't have a teenager of your own you can rent one from a neighbor. Just be careful asking to borrow some guy's 16 year old daughter. This plan works better when it kid is a male but even then you should be careful how you word the request. Still about 20 bucks a week (and a cheap nudie magazine will get you a month's worth of service) is a small price to pay to not have to fight the ever losing battle of yard work.

Most of you who know me well are already acquainted with how I feel about being outdoors. I'm sure to devote an entire rant to that subject someday but for now just know I am not a fan of nature. If the gods had wanted man to live out side then caves would not been invented. So the whole idea of spending hours keeping my lawn immaculate is ridiculous. I mow when I have to but that is it. To me the yard is just someplace for the dog to poop. It's not a showpiece or a garden spot. It is a toilet.

On a more happy note, I got all the new brakes for my Fiero. So I can finally start putting those on this weekend and maybe even drive it around the block. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment