Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Does that make me less of a man? I hope so.

I am sick and tired of being fat. I'm not talking "take out the side of the house and load me on a flatbed truck" fat, but I've been carrying several extra pounds for years. I seem to have topped out at about 244. I can't remember ever going over that which is good. Although if I had hit 250 or 260 or something it may have been the kick in the ass I needed to do something. But I, unfortunatly, became somewhat comfortable at 244 and since it never really changed, I was ok. But the last year or two I have not been ok. I am ready to do something.

Last year I had a great idea. I had a motto: Under 2 by 42. I was going to lose the weight and be under 200 by the time of my birthday when I turned 42. That didn't happen so I changed it to Under 2 at 42. This gives me until May to get the fat off. Probably won't lose it all but I'm gonna try. Really.

I know people say this exact same thing alot at this time of year. I have said it many times myself. But this time I meant it. And I've said that before too only to fail after a few weeks. But I'm gonna try. I and my dear one have even resorted to one of those pre-packaged meals things. I was never fond of the idea but I have seen the results first hand. It has worked for several people I know. So, here we go.

Wish me luck, my Tender Lumplings. Hopefully, in future meetings you humble Narrator will not be the same man he is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment